Please congratulate the winners of the Riley Blake Sashing Stash Fabric Challenge! Thank you to everyone who participated — the fabric presented a unique challenge, but it gave way to some stunning quilts. And a special thank you goes to our amazing sponsor, Riley Blake Designs for providing the amazing fabric!
Winners for this year’s challenge are as follows:
1st Place: Out Of Line
By Adrianne Ove
Individual MQG member
From the judges: “We are so impressed with the imaginative design, graphic quality and intricacy of the piecing. It created such a dramatic effect.”
2nd Place: Hills and Valleys
By Cassandra Beaver
Central Ohio MQG member
From the judges: “We were amazed at all the different styles of quilting motifs. Also, the wonderful use of the challenge fabric and the color scheme.”
3rd Place: Jumble
By Betsy Vinegrad
North Jersey MQG member
From the judges: “We loved the use of the challenge fabrics. The black and white color choice is so striking and powerful.”
Honorable Mention: Caught in a Cross Stitch
By Antoinette McNulty
Individual MQG member
From the judges: “We really liked the graphic quality of the quilting along with the use of the challenge fabric. We also loved the splashes of pink!”
And congratulations to the six finalists!
“Chasing Triangles” by Rose Daley, Baltimore MQG member
“Accidentally on Purpose” by Diana Vandeyar, Individual MQG member
“Roundabout” by Cynthia Steward, Individual MQG member
“Riley Blake Challenge Oh Yes It Was” by Susan Paris, Portland MQG member
“Mini” by AnnMarie Cowley, Portland MQG member
“Flashes” by Kate Manley, South Sound MQG member
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who entered!
Who’s ready for another Riley Blake Fabric Challenge? Our next fabric is from a new Riley Blake line called Sashing Stash designed by Eleanor Dugan, and it’s so incredibly versatile! Just take a look at this video to see some of the different ways you can use it!
Registration + Fabric Shipping
The sign up form will be emailed to members on Dec. 19 at 10am Eastern, 7am Pacific (here’s a handy time zone converter if you don’t live in those zones). As always, we have many more members than we have available fabric, so register early!
This time around, shipping will be slightly different than previous fabric challenges. If you are part of a local guild, your fabric will be shipped to your guild of choice, and your leadership team will distribute the fabric. If you are part of two guilds, please specify which guild you would like to receive your fabric from. If you are an individual member, your fabric will be sent directly to you. Fabric will ship in February 2016.
Rules + Guidelines
- You must make something quilted.
- You must use prints in the Sashing Stash collection. Participating members will receive a cut of the black and white variety fabric (3/4 yard), but you are welcome to purchase the fabric in additional colorways.
- You may use any Riley Blake solids in addition to the Sashing Stash fabric.
- If you don’t receive fabric through the MQG signups, you are still able to participate in the challenge! Simply purchase the fabric from your local quilt shop or one of these retailers.
- We encourage you to try an original design suited to the fabric! You may also use a pattern, but please tell us which one in your submission. (And always give credit to the designer when sharing images.)
- We will announce the top three winners in May 2016.Winners will receive a prize from Riley Blake Designs.
Entering Your Quilt
MQG members can submit a quilt using the submission form on Community. We also encourage you to share your work on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #mqgfabricchallenge — and you can also share photos in the MQG galleries and on Pinterest!
The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2016, and winners will be announced in June 2016. We can’t wait to see what you create! Remember to share your work using the #mqgfabricchallenge hashtag. Happy sewing!
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.