Call for Submissions
QuiltCon Magazine is a special publication brought to you by the editors of Modern Patchwork in close association with the Modern Quilt Guild. The magazine celebrates the modern quilt aesthetic and features articles about QuiltCon West, behind-the-scenes interviews, tips for modern design, and other distinctive content.
QuiltCon Magazine will also include quilt patterns from MQG members and leading modern designers, galleries of beautiful quilts from the 2016 show, interviews, tutorials, and more.
We encourage all submissions; however, we are specifically looking for:
- Modern quilts: Approximately a dozen quilt designs will be patterned in this publication. Submission guidelines are noted below.
- Articles on topics such as:
- Southern California’s vibrant sewing community
- Making the most of your QuiltCon experience
- Quilting techniques and tips
We will accept submissions for QuiltCon Magazine through Tuesday, September 29, 2015.
How to Submit:
- Quilts: Send up to three low-resolution images of the completed quilt or a computerized mock-up (with fabric choices, quilting plan, and brief description of the project)—please include final quilt dimensions. Quilts must be original designs and available for shipping
- Articles: Send a brief description of the article you propose for publication, along with sample low-resolution images, if appropriate.
- Quilt, project, or article proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “QuiltCon” in the subject line. Attach up to three low-resolution photos per email.
- One project or article per email.
- Include your full name, address, phone number, website or blog, and credentials.
- For questions, contact email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The MQG Staff and the Modern Patchwork editorial team