We’re looking for original, creative quilt designs to share with MQG members each month in 2016 — and we want your ideas! Submissions are now open for the 2016 Quilt of the Month series, and we’re looking for 12 new quilts. Will yours be one of them?
What We’re Looking For
- Designs should be original and never-before-published online or in print.
- Designs should have a challenging creative element (like a color study, new technique, or unique structure or piecing — we want our members to learn new things and challenge their skills!)
- We need to see your vision! You should have a visual guide to your quilt — whether it’s a sketch or computer-generated design, we need to be able to visualize your quilt as close to the final product as possible.
Required Items for Selected Quilts
Selected quilters will be asked to submit the following items. We don’t need your finished quilt, but we do ask that you take great photos and write thorough instructions that others can follow.
- Pattern instructions and pattern templates
- Illustrations and/or diagrams for construction and assembly
- Photos of the finished quilt
- Personal information like Instagram handle, website, bio, headshot, and MQG Guild (we’ll use this info to give you credit and talk about how awesome you are!)
How to Submit (and Important Dates)
- Decide how long it will take you to complete the quilt from the time of acceptance. An accurate timeline will help us determine which months to release patterns, so please be as accurate as possible.
- Create a visual guide to your quilt by sketching or making a computer-generated version.
- Fill out this form with your information and quilt design.
- Submission deadline is Sept. 15, 2015.
- The MQG will select quilts by Sept. 30, 2015.
- Notifications will be sent on Oct. 1, 2015.
- If your quilt is selected, you will be given more details and deadlines in late 2015.