The Texas Quit Museum is still looking for entries for an upcoming juried exhibition. If you missed the opportunity to show at QuiltCon, this is an amazing opportunity to show your work at a renowned quilt museum. The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2015, so choose your best quilt and apply today! Here are the details for submissions:
- The show will run January to March, 2016.
- Quilts must have been made in the last 10 years (after 2005).
- Submissions are open to MQG members only. (Not a member? Join today!)
- The jury committee consists of Karey Bresenhan and Nancy O’Bryant Puentes, co-directors of the Museum, and Dr. Sandra Sider, Curator, Texas Quilt Museum.
- The jurors will select 18 quilts for the exhibition.
- Each applicant may only submit one quilt, identified by maker(s), title, date, and measurements (height by width in inches).
- There are no size limitations for the quilts and no entry fee, but the quilt cannot have been exhibited within 200 miles of La Grange, Texas, in 2015 (including at QuiltCon in Austin).
- The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2015, and the makers of accepted quilts will be notified by August 31, 2015.
Ready to submit? More details are available at mqgcallforquilts.com, where you can also start the application process.
Thanks to the exhibition sponsor: