- Quilts cannot be previously published online, digitally or in publications.
- Design sketches are the preferred entry, although completed quilts will also be considered.
- Original designs only.
- MQG members only.
- Entry is open from May 12 to June 30.
This quilt will be shown far and wide while promoting QuiltCon and for general MQG promotion. Additionally, we’ll create a pattern from the quilt design to sell at the show and online.
The winner will receive huge recognition and a $500 award for their design. Become a member and enter today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I enter?
Become a member of the MQG here. The link to enter will be available on the MQG Community site.
What is the due date?
The due date for quilt designs is June 30.
What are the submission guidelines?
What is the fine print?
- Employees of QuiltCon sponsors, members of the MQG board and employees are not eligible for financial compensation. They can enter if they agreed to forfeit the cash prize and donate the design.
- The MQG and QuiltCon reserve the right to use the winning quilt design and iterations thereof in current and future promotional materials.
- Entry is open to all MQG members, US and international.
- The decisions of the jury and judges are final.
- QuiltCon does not discriminate against entrants based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- The MQG reserves the right to use someone other than the designer for pattern development. The MQG will own the rights to the winning design but will always credit the designer.