Workshops should be three hours (half-day) or six hours (full-day) in length. We are not accepting multi-day workshops at this time. In addition, we are accepting 45-minute lecture proposals. Workshops should fit into the following types of rooms:
- Sewing Room – equipped with sewing machines
- Long-arm machine room – equipped with long-arms
- Silkscreen/block printing room – surface protected room with nearby sink access.
- Dye room – surface protected studio with sink access
- Handwork room – no machines
- Lecture hall
You are welcome to submit any workshop proposal. All workshop proposals must be accompanied by a photo sample of the workshop.
When completing your application, please keep in mind the Modern Quilt Guild covers travel expenses of our instructors including: airfare/mileage, hotel and a meal per diem. Unless you are local, the majority of our instructors teach a minimum of two full days and one lecture.
To be considered please download the MQG Instructor Application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4th, 2014.
Thank you! We can’t wait to hear from you.