Make a quilt based on an inspiration of your choice. When submitting your entry you will have to submit a photo of your particular inspiration, along with a photo of your quilt and a few paragraphs explaining your quilt. How does it relate to or display your inspiration?
Meet our judge, Valori Wells:
Photography and printmaking brought Valori Wells to her present career as a fabric designer. She is also a professional quilter, author, and fabric and pattern designer who, with her mother, owns the beloved Stitchin’ Post quilt shop in Sisters, Oregon. Valori’s quilting books, including Simple Start, Stunning Finish, Radiant New York Beauties, and Stitch ‘N Flip Quilts, explore innovative techniques with natural and floral subject matter and her beautiful photography as inspiration. She and her husband live just outside of Sisters, with their son and two daughters.
Each of the three winners will receive a fabulous prize package, featuring the following products from C&T Publishing:
One package each of these amazing tools for exploring appliqué, paper piecing, and more:
Silicone Release Paper, Wash-Away Applique Sheets , Carol Doak’s Foundation Paper, and Quilter’s Freezer Paper Sheets.
A 3 in 1 Color Tool for handy reference and help planning color schemes.
Each prize package will also include:
A bundle of 12 coordinating half-yards of beautiful, modern fabric, courtesy of Fabricworm.
A Kona Cotton Solid Roll-Up in the popular Bright color palette, courtesy of Robert Kaufman.
Six yards of 90” wide Warm and White batting, courtesy of Warm Company.
Thank you to our wonderful contest sponsors!
The Rules & Details:
– All quilts must be 45” x 45” or larger
– Limit of one submission per person, per challenge
– To enter your submission for Challenge 1, email one photo of your quilt, one photo of your inspiration and a brief write up (one or two paragraphs is fine) explaining your quilt and how it reflects your inspiration to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries for Challenge 1 must be received by November 30, 2010.
– The winners of Challenge 1 will be announced on or about December 15, 2010.
– US residents only are eligible for the prizes.
– The three winners of Challenge 1 will be selected by our Guest Judge, Valori Wells. At the judge’s discretion, members of The MQG Planning Committee may aid in selecting finalists. However, no person involved in the judging process will know the identity of contest entrants. Each winner will receive an identical prize package.
– Project Modern will be conducted on and through The MQG’s website. The details of each challenge, and the winners will be announced on the blog.
– All Challenge 1 submissions will be posted in a public Flickr group after November 30, 2010. .
– Full challenge rules here.