Make a quilt that is inspired by one word. This word will be your only guidance.
The word is: ORGANIC
What does it mean to you? What emotion, image or thoughts does it invoke? Let’s see that in your quilt!
Meet our judge, Pokey Bolton:
Pokey Bolton was introduced to art quilting and the related fiber arts in 1998, and ever since she took her first stitch (a fly) and embroidered her first motif (a spider), she has been entangled in this art form and doesn’t envision herself free. Art quilting and mixed-media have, quite literally, taken over her life–so much so that she left her doctoral program and full-time teaching job to found Quilting Arts Magazine®, and later with her husband John, Cloth Paper Scissors® magazine. Both magazines were acquired by Interweave Press in 2007 and Pokey is now the editorial director of their Quilt and Paper Division. She is also the author of “The Quilting Arts Book: Techniques and Inspiration for Creating One-of-a-Kind Quilts” and “1,000 Artist Trading Cards: Innovative and Inspired Mixed Media ATCs.”Pokey and John (now Vice-President at Interweave) have a menagerie of animals, some of whom make an appearance now and then at Quilting Arts headquarters. Pokey is also the host of Quilting Arts TV on PBS, and when she isn’t at the office or a taping, she can be found in her studio at home–her absolute favorite place to be!
Each of the three winners will receive a fabulous prize package, featuring the following products:
…and a fat quarter bundle of Nature Walk!
Finally, that Janome Horizon sweepstakes is still going strong! Everyone should check back here on April 18th to enter for your third chance at winning the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 7700QCP sewing machine drawing, courtesy of Janome America.
A huge thank you to our generous contest sponsors!
The Rules & Details:
- All quilts must be 45” x 45” or larger
- Limit of one submission per person, per challenge
- To enter your submission for Challenge 3 please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Two photos of your quilt, a wide shot and a detail shot
2. A brief write up (one or two paragraphs is fine) explaining your quilt and how you took on the challenge
3. Your mailing address
4. Your blog address (if you have one)
5. Your flickr user name (if you have one)
- All entries for Challenge 3 must be received by June 30, 2011.
- The winners of Challenge 3 will be announced on or about July 15, 2011.
- US residents only are eligible for the prizes.
- The three winners of Challenge 3 will be selected by our Guest Judge, Pokey Bolton. At the judge’s discretion, members of The MQG Planning Committee may aid in selecting finalists. However, no person involved in the judging process will know the identity of contest entrants. Each winner will receive an identical prize package.
- Project Modern will be conducted on and through The MQG’s website. The details of each challenge, and the winners will be announced on the blog.
- All Challenge 3 submissions will be posted in a public Flickr group after July 15th, 2011.
- Full challenge rules here.